The IEEE Systems Council integrates IEEE activities regarding aspects of multiple disciplines and specialty areas associated with the engineering of systems that includes:
- Systems Engineering education, standards, processes, methodologies;
- Systems modeling, simulation, integration, resilience;
- Robust design, safety and human factors, security, usability, environmental;
- Product transition: design, production, test, deployment, disposal;
- Program/project management;
- Quality and Mission assurance;
- Requirements development and management;
- Risk management;
- Systems architecture;
- Systems of Systems.
Through the Council's sponsored activities, including the well-recognized IEEE International Systems Conference and the IEEE Systems Journal, participants have the opportunity to publish and collaborate on research, network with colleagues, stay current on news and events, develop standards, and participate in educational activities. The Council also maintains a Distinguished Lecturer Program in which Council members may participate.