The IEEE Systems Council Young Professionals is the group of members and volunteers who have graduated from their first professional degree within the past 15 years. It is an international community, whose members are interested in elevating their professional image, expanding their global network, connecting with peers locally and giving back to their community. Since it encompasses all members from recent university graduates to experienced professionals and entrepreneurs, the group is highly diverse in what it has to offer.
- Building continuity into student programs, transitioning to Young Professionals membership, and senior IEEE/Sensors Council membership
- Provide students and young professionals with career services, conferences and seminars, and networking opportunities
- Educate students on Young Professionals membership and IEEE member benefits
Young Professionals Chair
Please direct all questions to the YP Chair.
As a Student/Graduate Student Member of IEEE you:
- Join a community of over 420,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate
- Get the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology
- Get involved in standards development
- Network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest
- Are mentored by professional engineers and technologists
- Obtain access to the largest library of electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics technical literature as well as the latest technology trends, industry news, and events.
- Collaborate with IEEE colleagues and member groups, online or in person, to build a support group for your profession, industry, or project.
Note: a Student/Graduate Student member must carry at least 50% of a normal full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study in IEEE designated fields. The total cumulative period for a member to hold the Student member grade and/or the Graduate Student member grade is limited to eight years.