Mission: The mission of the System Engineering Methods TC is to address the integration of activities regarding aspects of multiple disciplines and specialty areas of systems engineering, and addresses, but is not limited to:
- Systems Engineering education, standards, processes, and methodologies. This would include the application of methodologies to the development and integration of engineered systems.
- Holistic methods for System Engineering, including addressing the understanding of complex systems, and the complex nature of the system environment (domain mission, legal, and governmental constraints.
- Systems-of-Systems Engineering.
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Digital Thread, and Digital Twin.
- Robust design, safety and human factors, security, usability, environmental, and resilience issues.
- Product transition: design, production, test, deployment, disposal, and training issues.
- Program and Project Management.
- Mission Engineering and Quality Assurance.
- Requirements Development.
- Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA).