IEEE Systems Council offers opportunities for members to participate in technical committees in several technical fields-of-interest related to Systems Engineering. The technical committees hold meetings throughout the world, typically where conferences relevant to their technical interests are taking place. Creation of IEEE standards and support of IEEE conferences are also major objectives of technical committees. Please contact the technical committee chairs if you are interested in participating in the work of a technical committee. For general information about technical committees contact the VP Technical Operations.
For specific information on, or to participate in Council Technical activities, please contact VP for Technical Operations, Steve Holt.
The Cyber Physical Systems Technical Committee
In 2020, the Cyber Physical Systems Technical Committee organized four journal special issues, four conferences and workshops, published a book, released a newsletter, and actively collaborated with other societies within IEEE and beyond.
Journal Special Issues
- IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering special issue on Machine Learning for Resilient Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, special issue on Cloud Edge Computing for Cyber- Physical Systems and Internet-of-Things
- Microprocessors and Microsystems special issue on Special Issue on Holistic Technologies for Sustainable Cyber-Physical Systems
- Software: Practice and Experience special issue on Software and Hardware Co-Design for Sustainable Cyber-Physical Systems
Conferences and Workshops
- 2020 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Cyber-Physical Systems (ICPS)
- 2020 IEEE International Conference on Cyber Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom)
- 2020 IEEE International Workshop on Design Automation for Cyber-Physical Systems (DACPS- 2020)
- 2020 IEEE Workshop on Design Automation for CPS and IoT (DESTION)
- Published Springer Book titled "Leveraging Big Data Techniques for Cyber-Physical Systems" in May. Edited by Shiyan Hu and Bei Yu
- A Cyber-Physical Systems Newsletter was launched February 2016. Since its inception, there have been eight issues published containing articles from CPS experts presenting their emerging research or survey of the advances. They are also collaborating with IEEE/CAA Journal of Automatica Sinica in co-publishing news in a CPS newsletter
- Collaboration with IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES) on the IEEE Roadmap for Engineering of Systems of Cyber-Physical Systems
- Collaboration with INCOSE on Systems Engineering Body of Knowledge (SEBoK)