Papers are sought that address innovative approaches to solving problems related to the development and use of miniaturized platforms such as drones and CubeSats. The scope includes the sensors (across the electromagnetic spectrum), platform systems (propulsion, navigation, power, communication), and the processing of data coming from these sensors. Papers may include theory, data processing, application, and operation of small platforms along with the design of both platforms and sensor systems. Papers covering educational activities in developing small platforms or their sensors are also encouraged.
Manuscripts should be submitted to Manuscript Central and should be original work within this scope. Manuscripts submitted to this journal must not have been published before, and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Further information is available as Instructions for Authors at the same URL for manuscript preparation, submission, and tracking.
For additional information, please contact the Editor-in-Chief, Antonio Plaza.
Call for Special Issue on Advanced Processing of Remotely Sensed Data Collected by Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
The overall aim of this special issue is to collect state-of-the-art research efforts on the latest development, up-to-date issues, and challenges in the analysis and processing of UAV data using different kinds of computing architectures, with particular emphasis on advanced machine (and deep) learning algorithms and scalable implementations. Submissions to the special issue should describe original, innovative and in-depth research that makes significant theoretical, methodological or practical contributions to this specific field. Potential topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Advanced algorithms for UAV data interpretation
- Machine learning based UAV data processing
- Deep learning based UAV data processing and its lightweight design
- Parallel processing for efficient analysis of UAV data
- Specialized architectures for real-time processing of UAV data
- Cloud computing technologies for UAV data processing
- Distributed storage solutions for UAV data
- Stochastic optimization for UAV data processing
- New techniques and applications for fusion of UAV data with other data sources, including optical (e.g., hyperspectral), radar (e.g., synthetic aperture radar) and light detection and ranging (LiDAR)
- Classification strategies for UAV data
- Change detection for UAV data
- Manuscript Submission: June 30, 2020
- Manuscript Review: As received - October 30, 2020
- Estimated Publication: Quarter 1 of 2021